BCycle Technician (Part-Time and Full-Time)
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
Trek & BCycle, its bike share subsidiary, are proud to relaunch bike share in Nashville BCycle in 2021, with a brand new, all electric pedal assist bike fleet. With this relaunch, Nashville’s bike share program will join the e-bike revolution, bringing 250 e-bikes to the city and changing the way people move through it.
BCycle is looking for energetic, self-motivated Service Technician to join the team relaunching Nashville BCycle this spring. The Nashville BCycle Service Technician will be a dependable, hardworking team member who enjoys the challenge of a dynamic environment, is adaptable, and works well with a variety of people. This role is a public face of BCycle in the field; therefore, a positive and friendly attitude is an absolute necessity! As employees of Trek Bicycle, an awesome place to work, Nashville BCycle team members are eligible for Trek employee product discounts.
- Work under the direction of the Operations Manager and General Manager to ensure a safe and reliable electric bike share service:
- Station and dock mechanical and technical performance
- Station power management
- Bike fleet power management and maintenance
- Bike station rebalancing
- Station and bike cleanliness
- Customer service & special event support
- Support station installation and removal process
- Coordinate with customer service and operation feedback to serve the needs of customers
- Utilize system software and operations ticketing system to support operational excellence
- Excellent organization, written and verbal communication skills; ability to follow direction, exercise good judgement, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand technical aspects of bicycle maintenance, technical product and software troubleshooting, and proficiency working with software-based tools and platforms to organize and manage work.
- Valid driver license and clean driving record (no major violations in past 5 years; no more than 2 minor in past 3 years).
- Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week. Evening, weekend, and holiday availability and flexible scheduling
- Requires stooping, reaching, biking, and lifting of 60+ pounds.
- Small team skills and a willingness to have fun while completing the goals are a must!
- Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish the needs of Santa Barbara BCycle.
- Direct experience working in bike share / micro mobility operations
- Familiarity with Bosch Ebike Systems and tech certified or willing to learn about electric systems.
We are an E-Verify employer.