BCycle Design Engineer
BCycle Design Engineer
Are you looking to be part of a motivated team that is pushing the limits of product performance; bringing new and innovative products to riders everywhere? Have you worked with designing systems that include electronic components? Do you love solving problems and delivering creative solutions? Do you want to work within a culture that embraces continuous learning and development of new skills through exposure to evolving opportunities? Trek’s BCycle Product Development Team is looking for a candidate to come work in our inspiring work hard / play hard environment committed to delivering game changing technologies.
- Work with our creative and passionate team of engineers, product managers, industrial designers, graphic designers, and bike share operations.
- Lead technical design and development of systems that include electronics and component integration from concept phase through production.
- Deliver design packages to our production teams and collaborate with them to turn ideas into reality.
- Bring skills and experiences that will help lead BCycle in creating the next meaningful and innovative products in the bike share industry.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in product development.
- Experience with mechanical system designs that include electronic components and module integration. This includes defining performance requirements for such systems.
- Execution experience of multiple project cycles from design through production.
- Experience with system test development for mechanical and electrical systems
- Understanding of how to design plastic components with considerations of manufacturing process constraints, resin property differences, sealing, and fastening.
- Experience using CAD modeling software (preferably Solidworks) to create 3D models and 2D engineering drawings, including the ability to understand and apply GD&T methodology.
- Skills in structural analysis, design failure risk analysis, test plan creation, test result trouble shooting, and creation of technical documentation & reporting.
- Eagerness to take a hands-on approach to prototyping and learning or identifying problems.
- Ability to bring a creative approach to solving open ended technical problems. A drive to innovate!
- Willingness to develop strong working relationships and communication with an international team and travel as required.
- Strong passion for continuous improvement to product, processes, and yourself
- Ability to take on multiple projects with the appropriate level of delegation and time management
ALSO OF INTEREST!
- Experience with design analysis using FEA.
- Capable with bike assembly.
- Design experience with battery packs and electric motors
- Experience working with and communicating with suppliers in Asia
- Design for manufacturing using carbon and aluminum, tube forming, welding, forging, CNC, and casting along with a basic understanding of manufacturing costs.
- Flexible and fun company culture
- Competitive health care
- Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
- Competitive vacation package
- 401k Match
- ESOP program
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
- Employee discounts on all product
- Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.