Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
Trek is seeking a motivated, talented Industrial Designer who is passionate about consumer-centered design. You will be involved in the design and development of bicycles in a high energy, creative, multi-disciplinary environment. You'll be challenged to design products that perform at the highest level, are production ready, and highly valued by riders.
As a designer at Trek your purpose is to create great ride experiences. You work together with a world class product development team to provide forward thinking concepts and design direction for bicycles components, and accessory products. A designer in this position is engaged in rider research, concept planning, design refinement, and production support. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional design, problem solving, communication, and visualization skills, and excel in a multi-functional team culture. Experience with both 3D Modeling and Adobe systems are highly desired – awesome visual communication skills are a necessity.
- Awesome at solving complex design problems with elegant solutions.
- Good mechanical/structural aptitude and knowledge of various materials and their associated manufacturing processes.
- Sketch like mad – 2D visual communication and design development skills are critical.
- Proficient in all phases of product development: research, ideation, sketching, concept refinement.
- 3D modeling skills and a solid understanding of the manufacturing process.
- Self-motivated and ready to forge their own path as the career develops.
- 2+ years of post-graduate, professional design experience.
- Bachelor's degree/diploma in Industrial Design or Product Design. Proficient in 3D modeling.
- Competency in Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop, Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Digital Sketching
We are an E-Verify employer.