Tech Operations Manager - Santa Barbara BCycle
Technical Operations Manager, Santa Barbara BCycle
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our people, making sure we put the best team on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Trek is proud to bring bike share to Santa Barbara in 2020 with Santa Barbara BCycle. This program will join the e-bike revolution, bringing 200+ e-bikes to the city and changing the way people move through it.
Santa Barbara BCycle is looking for a qualified full time Technical Operations Manager to build and lead a fast-paced, customer-focused, fun and hardworking technical operations team. The Santa Barbara BCycle Technical Operations Manager will be a dependable, organized, self-starter who enjoys the challenge of a dynamic environment, is adaptable, works well with a variety of people, Prospective employees must possess excellent technical, management and customer service skills. The ideal candidate is team driven, goal oriented, and self-motivated.
- Build, train and lead, and manage a team of Service Technicians to ensure that Santa Barbara BCycle’s fleet of electric bikes and stations launch on-time and are a reliable and attractive service for the community.
- Station and dock mechanical and technical performance
- Station power management
- Bike fleet power management and maintenance
- Bike station rebalancing
- Station and bike cleanliness
- Customer service & special event support
- Directly manage and lead team of Service Technicians, including hiring, training, scheduling, and performance evaluation
- Manage workshop operations and service vehicle fleet including tool and maintenance parts inventory
- Manage & forecast Tech Operations budget
- Support station installation and removal process, coordinating vehicle support and staff
- Coordinate with customer service and operation feedback to serve the needs of customers
- Work under the guidance of the Santa Barbara General Manager
- Utilize analytics and system software to support operational excellence
- High proficiency in Excel, Word, Google Applications, and ability to learn new software.
- Excellent organization, written and verbal communication skills; ability to meet deadlines.
- Prior experience directly managing a team of employees.
- Ability to coordinate and maintain strong ongoing relationships among multiple parties, including employees, manufacturers, subcontractor(s) and clients.
- Ability to understand technical aspects of the software and the hardware capabilities and needs of a bike share system.
- Organized thinker, with the ability to self-direct under a high-visibility, start-up environment responsible for delivering a 24/7 public transit service.
- Ability to drive continuous improvements of the operations that are in line with international standards and company corporate initiatives.
- Comfortable in a high-pressure, high-visibility, start-up environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing roles.
- Valid driver license and clean driving record (no major violations in past 5 years; no more than 2 minor in past 3 years).
- Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week. May require on-call support & availability nights and weekends.
- Requires stooping, reaching, biking, and lifting of 60+ pounds.
- Small team skills and a willingness to have fun while completing the goals are a must!
- Preferred: A familiarity with Bosch Ebike Systems and tech certified or willing to learn about electric systems.
- Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish the needs of Santa Barbara BCycle.
Direct experience leading and managing bike share / micro mobility operations
We are an E-Verify employer.