Ascend is the leading provider of retail management systems and services to independent retailers and Trek-owned retail locations in fifteen countries across the globe. Through our “Best System. Best Support.” vision we partner with our customers to help them to grow, to maximize their profitability, and to create data for making intelligent business decisions.
As a UX Generalist your primary mission is to assist the production of high quality, on-time software releases that delight our retailers. Working with three different scrum teams under the direction of the Global Director of Product, you’ll assist in creating a consistent user experience across Ascend’s product offering. You’ll also develop and enforce user interface standards for existing and new functionality. This is a new role for our team, so the ideal candidate will be a self-starter that is comfortable helping build this position from the ground up. At Ascend we’re all in the business of selling, installing, supporting, and shipping our world class software. So, in addition to your primary job duties, you’ll be called on and encouraged to help in all areas of our business.
- Define and implement a process for UX & UI input within our existing Agile Scrum teams
- Work with the Development, QA, and Product Teams to provide UX research and UI design assistance as needed
- Research upcoming program enhancements with our Internal and External Customers
- Use mock-ups, flowcharting, storyboarding and other tools to illustrate user experience and application enhancements.
- Assist in the creation of User Stories and see them through the development process
- Assist with the creation, review and maintenance of our training and support resources
- Track usability goals and develop a process to report on these new metrics
- Help with all other areas of the business:
- Answer support calls to establish and maintain an intimate knowledge of how end users interact with the program.
- Be a resource for our Support, Install and Bookkeeping team members as they field customer questions.
- A two year technical degree or higher is desired. Other relevant experience will be considered.
- Experience with Business-to-Business (B2B), e-Commerce, Inventory Control/Management, Point of Sale (POS), and/or ERP Systems is valued.
- Written and verbal communication experience with both internal and external customers is expected.
- Previous experience with the Agile development process would be advantageous.
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and Azure DevOps.
- Candidates must be available to work shifts during our regular hours of 8 am to 5 pm Central Time, Monday through Friday. They should also be available for occasional travel.
- Successful team members are positive and calm in a busy environment. They do more than is asked of them and they work well on their own.
We are an E-Verify employer.