Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We also appreciate new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done quickly, turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bicycle, and have a blast while doing it!
We are looking for a talented, forward-thinking Hybris developer to enhance and maintain Trek’s current B2C and B2B eCommerce platform. In this role and help execute other technical projects outside of pure development. The right candidate will have excellent problem-solving skills, a willingness to work hard, and a desire to work in a casual environment.
• Be comfortable with full stack development, particularly with frontend and backend web development, by using best practices and being open to both receiving and providing criticism during code review.
• Work US Eastern Time to overlap with US business hours.
• Provide support to the business users of the application in a support developer role as a part of a 24/7 support rotation schedule.
• Work with business analysts to understand the core problems at hand. Translate basic input or pseudo code into working code.
• Understand Out of the Box (OOTB) functionality of existing software and know when customization is appropriate (or to what extent customization is needed). A great developer is one that understands when customization is NOT necessary.
• Use Agile project management to break large development needs into smaller “stories” prioritized and sequenced appropriately. Get smaller projects into production quickly.
• Participate and contribute to sprint meetings, scrum, and any other important meetings throughout the software development life cycle.
• Troubleshoot issues, determine root cause of problems, develop solutions, and lead the effort to correct the problems.
• Communicate and collaborate effectively with various other teams within Trek to ensure that tasks are completed within the allotted sprint time.
• Strong development skills in Hybris & Java..
• Familiarity with code version control systems such as Git.
• Basic database management using Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, and/or DB2.
• Ability to write, analyze, and breakdown simple to complex SQL queries.
• Strong analytical skills for troubleshooting issues and resolving them in a timely manner.
• Ability and willingness to learn new languages and technology to support other software platforms.
• Good, effective English written and verbal communication skills to review solutions with business analysts, and communicate with business stakeholders and other team members.
• Demonstrated success working with a US-based software development team.
• Experience developing and maintaining applications built on the Spring framework
Additional experience preferred:
• Exposure to Apache Web Server and Tomcat Application Server.
• Experience with Hybris (B2C and B2B)
• Experience with Jenkins or any other continuous integration platforms.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
We are an E-Verify employer.