Trade Compliance Specialist
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
Position Summary/Job Description:
As a member of Trek’s Global Trade Compliance team, the Trade Compliance Specialist will manage processes to ensure Trek’s compliance with U.S. Customs laws and regulations. The Trade Compliance Specialist will be a leader of process improvements to increase compliance within our Import programs. They will work with international partners to support various business units as it relates to trade compliance.
- Support ISF Filings within our Trade Automation System
- Import & Export HTS Classification
- Manage Partner Government Agencies or Inaccurate Documents at time of Entry
- Optimize and support Trek’s Valuation Programs
- Maintain recordkeeping compliance in accordance with U.S import laws
- Provide guidance to internal parties on Trade Compliance subjects
- Interact with service providers such as Customs brokers
- Manage PGAs and country of origin determination
- Other projects and assignments as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in International Business, Supply Chain or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in International Logistics, Trade Compliance, or related field
- Experience with reading and interpreting the US Government Regulations & the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States
- Knowledge of export and import processes, controls and documentation
- Strong passion for continuous improvement and project management
- Self-Motivated with a strong work ethic; accepts accountability & responsibility for actions
- Advanced skills with Excel, Access and other database programs
- Licensed Customs Broker preferred; not required
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Competitive vacation package
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.