Jr. Project Manager
TREK Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and accessories. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value innovative ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast – turning ideas into reality. We want to reflect society and are looking for people with a diversity of backgrounds and experiences to form a powerful team together.
Do you want to join our product team in Harderwijk? We are looking for a Jr. Project Manager!
As the Jr. Project Manager in product development, you are responsible for managing related projects in a coordinated way to obtain benefits and control not available from managing them individually.
You will be teaming up with the Sr. Project Manager on following through all projects going through Product Development in that office. You will also be interacting with Product Managers, Directors, Engineers and Designers in a specified category to provide support and guidance on individual projects and overall portfolio planning.
The candidate we are looking for also must be able to juggle multiple projects and follow-through on the details and be able to prioritize work. You will assist in helping define and lock down the scope and parameters. Focusing on delivering all milestones on time and stay within budget. This will mean developing plans and having back up plans as needed.
What are your responsibilities?
- Long Term Planning
- Work with the Sr. Project Manager, Product Management Team and Directors in in developing a long-term plan for their category.
- Project Planning
- Assist the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget
- Develop a detailed plan for engineering projects
- Helping develop the timeline of bike projects
- Monitoring the risk of the project and preparing plan B’s as necessary
- Lead Communication
- Extremely strong communication skills
- Successfully manage the relationships between all stakeholders
- Developing the best way to communicate project plans, weekly issues, changes, and all critical points of managing a project.
- Global communication is important, the team must work close with forecasting, supply chain, suppliers, engineering, P1, product, and many other teams that are involved during our process.
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Prioritizing projects
- Responsible for making sure that all projects going through that area are kicking off and delivered at the appropriate time of the year.
- Present and review with Product the launch dates making sure they are meeting the goals of our Program Management team.
- Process Development
- Communicate any outliers of the process to the Director of Program Management for approval and documentation
- Consistently look for ways to be more efficient in the process of developing products
- Review lessons learned and make updates to processes as needed
What do you bring?
- Training and understanding of Project Management Methodologies
- Engineering background a plus
- Certification in Project Management a plus
- Ability to Travel Internationally and inside the US two to three times per year (after COVID)
- Bachelor’s Degree (HBO) required
- 1-2 years’ experience as a project manager
- Tools/System Experience: Workfront, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Teams,
- Fluent in English and preferably Dutch
What do we offer?
An informal, challenging and motivating company culture, where initiative and pro-activity are highly valued. We provide you with a stimulating work environment with enthusiastic colleagues, responsibility and independence. We will compensate you with a competitive salary and benefits package.
We are an E-Verify employer.