Bicycle Mechanic - Trek Store Milton Keynes
Bike Mechanic – Milton Keynes Central
About the Company
Headquartered in Waterloo, Wisconsin, USA Trek Bicycle Corporation is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of bicycles and related products. From the original hand-built steel touring frames introduced in 1976 to the revolutionary OCLV Carbon first introduced in 1992, Trek’s passion for innovation, quality, and performance leads the industry with next-generation thinking and cutting-edge technology.
Trek bikes have been used to climb mountains, cross streets and compete in cycling’s grandest event, the Tour de France. Today, with a broad range of bicycles and cycling products under the Trek, Bontrager and Electra brand names, Trek continues to pursue new ways to bring the joy of cycling to all people. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation and inspiration.
The company has grown about 70% in a decade and has sales of USD1.2bn. Trek bicycles are marketed through 1,700 dealers across North America, subsidiaries in Europe and Asia as well as distributors in 90 countries worldwide. Trek bicycles are also raced worldwide at the highest level by Trek’s Factory Racing team.
Location: Milton Keynes, MK9
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (including weekend working)
Reporting to: Store Manager
About the role:
Trek Store Milton Keynes is the leading cycling retailer within Milton Keynes. We are looking for an amazing mechanic to join our team on a full-time basis. This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated mechanic to take their career to the next level by joining the Trek family!
The successful candidate will be joining a busy and energetic workshop that services, builds and carries out repairs on the full range of Trek Bikes and other brands.
- Repairs on all types of bikes
- Building new bikes for the sales floor
- Continuous training on proper techniques and methods
- Providing our customers with a high level of customer service
- Have confidence working with suspension systems and hydraulic systems
- Sales of service packages, parts and accessories
- Maintain professional environment in store and work area
- Understanding product knowledge to answer customer queries properly
- Product demonstrations where necessary
- Passionate about cycling
- Previous customer service experience (ideally in the cycle industry)
- Cytec level 2 or equivalent experience is required.
- A large percentage of work will be on high-end road and MTB bikes utilising the latest technologies such as Di2 and Etap, Shimano Steps and Bosch. Specific training will be provided where needed.
- A willingness to take part in store cycle rides would be a major plus.
In addition to fantastic opportunities for career development we offer:
- Friendly and inclusive working environment
- A highly competitive total reward benefits package including:
- 25 days annual leave per annum (plus bank holidays)
- Matched pension contributions
- Medical Cashplan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Generous staff discount/purchase scheme.
- Rewards and incentives
- Regular firm wide events
We are an E-Verify employer.