Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems, and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
The Trek eSystems Development Team is responsible for leading R&D efforts in support of electronic and digital bike products. The UX designer on the eSystems team will be responsible for researching the needs of Trek’s Riders, Dealers and Internal Customers. Using that information, and an understanding of the electronic and digital technologies in development at Trek, the UX designer will work with the team to create POC digital experiences of various fidelity.
- As a user experience UX Designer, candidates must have the ability to lead, consult, or manage multiple user experience projects, as well as work on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple specialized business domains.
- Create and maintain visual controls that show the status and trajectory of their work, and how that work fits into the Global Trek Bike digital product roadmap.
- Work with mechanical engineers, firmware engineers and user interface developers to design the visual aspects of product user interfaces – both on the mechanical and the electronics interface side.
- Contribute to a visual and interaction design system used across Trek Bicycle products
- Communicate designs visually using software, prototypes, guidelines, specifications, presentations and discussions
- Participate in discussions relative to the future direction of design and user experience for Trek Bicycle products
- Participate in team discussions about current user experience design projects
- Research and evaluate emerging design, technology, industry, and market trends
- Uses an understanding of people (users, customers, suppliers, colleagues, leaders) as a primary motivation for design ideas. Demonstrates the ability to extract and communicate how customer groups are thinking and feeling.
- Experience with user experience research methods, including usability, human factors, as well as direct consumer feedback methods
- Leverages industrial design, color, layout, materials to create visual representations that clearly express product capabilities, functionality and user interface as well as business and Trek Bicycle brand values
- Creates visual design specifications/documentation that provide detailed instructions for developers regarding functionality requirements and other aspects of a product's user interface
- Creates multiple variations to a single design component to explore how different treatments or ideas meet design requirements and brand/experience goals
- Designs new components to contribute to overall system including but not limited to the bike, components, Kiosk, dock and all other aspects of the consumer/operator ecosystem
- Skilled in standard design tools (Adobe CC, OmniGraffle, Sketch), hand drawing and visual communication, familiar with time-based and interactive prototyping tools (Hype, Adobe Animate, Keynote)
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Competitive vacation package
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.