European Retail Buyer
European Retail Buyer
About the Company
Headquartered in Waterloo, Wisconsin, USA Trek Bicycle Corporation is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of bicycles and related products. From the original hand-built steel touring frames introduced in 1976 to the revolutionary OCLV Carbon first introduced in 1992, Trek’s passion for innovation, quality, and performance leads the industry with next-generation thinking and cutting-edge technology.
Trek bikes have been used to climb mountains, cross streets and compete in cycling’s grandest event, the Tour de France. Today, with a broad range of bicycles and cycling products under the Trek, Bontrager and Electra brand names, Trek continues to pursue new ways to bring the joy of cycling to all people. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation and inspiration.
The company has grown about 70% in a decade and has sales of USD1bn. Trek bicycles are marketed through 1,700 dealers across North America, subsidiaries in Europe and Asia as well as distributors in 90 countries worldwide.
Position: European Retail Buyer
Location: Milton Keynes with occasional global travel
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £28,000 per annum
About the Role
Due to our ongoing growth, we are seeking an additional Retail Buyer to join our team. This role will help develop and manage the inventory strategy for our European Retail estate, whilst working with and providing key information to all stakeholders.
As part of the Retail Team, you will work alongside and partner other teams to create short and long-term strategies, improving existing reporting and analytics capabilities. Possessing an entrepreneurial spirit, you will be responsible for putting in place best practices which maximise operational efficiencies and drive profitable growth for Trek retail stores.
Key Accountabilities and Requirements
- Range planning, including seasonal transitions
- Inventory forecasting, control and accuracy
- EPOS management
- Sales Analysis Data Management
- Management of stock clearance and sell through activity
- Liaison between store managers, visual merchandisers and designers
- Work with internal / external stakeholders to drive efficiency and profitability
- Provide regular communications to and from stores
- Maintain excellent product knowledge
- Develop and document processes, ensuring best practices followed and maintained
- Supporting maximisation of the sales effort whilst maintaining lean inventory
- Great organisational skills, working to deadlines and prioritise workload
- Proficiency in MS office, particularly excel (intermediate level is desired as a minimum)
- Analytical, highly numerate, with problem-solving skills
- Experience in retail, specifically within merchandise planning and forecasting
- Takes ownership, thinks proactivity, and has the flexibility to handle changing priorities
In addition to fantastic opportunities for career development we offer:
- Friendly and inclusive working environment
- Generous staff discount/purchase scheme.
- A highly competitive total reward benefits package including:
- 25 days annual leave per annum (plus bank holidays)
- Matched pension contributions/
- Medical Cashplan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Rewards and incentives
- Regular firm wide events
No agencies please.
We are an E-Verify employer.