About the Company
Headquartered in Waterloo, Wisconsin, USA Trek Bicycle Corporation is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of bicycles and related products. From the original hand-built steel touring frames introduced in 1976 to the revolutionary OCLV Carbon first introduced in 1992, Trek’s passion for innovation, quality, and performance leads the industry with next-generation thinking and cutting-edge technology.
Trek bikes have been used to climb mountains, cross streets and compete in cycling’s grandest event, the Tour de France. Today, with a broad range of bicycles and cycling products under the Trek, Bontrager and Electra brand names, Trek continues to pursue new ways to bring the joy of cycling to all people. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation and inspiration.
The company has grown about 70% in a decade and has sales of USD1bn. Trek bicycles are marketed through 1,700 dealers across North America, subsidiaries in Europe and Asia as well as distributors in 90 countries worldwide.
Position: Sales Associate
Location: Trek Bicycle Store
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Do you have a passion for customer service excellence, sharing their enthusiasm for cycling, whilst understanding and being able to advise customers on which products they need? Are you happy to work weekends?
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a retail sales role and a passion for customer service excellence, sharing their enthusiasm for cycling, whilst understanding and being able to advise customers on which products they need.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Engaging and assisting customers with all retail purchases
- Processing transactions
- Lead and drive sales by effectively understanding the customer’s needs and presenting appropriate solutions
- Presenting the store to an exceptional high standard
- Checking stock levels
- Understanding product knowledge to answer customer queries
- Provide excellent customer service
- Product demonstrations where necessary
Qualifications and experience required:
- Passionate about cycling
- Previous retail experience (ideally in the cycle industry)
- Experience of (or a keen interest in) bike fitting
- Mechanical experience (desirable)
- A willingness to take part in store cycle rides would be a major plus
We are an E-Verify employer.