Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We also appreciate new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done quickly, turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bicycle, and have a blast while doing it!
Trek is looking to add the right person to join and help build out our Global Internal Audit team as a Internal Auditor supporting our Global Wholesale & Retail businesses. The Internal Auditor will have the chance to help build the controls and processes necessary to ensure the continued success of the organization.
The ideal candidate will be able to partner with and influence a variety of stakeholders within the business, from store employees, to top management.
As a key resource in the Trek organization, the Internal Auditor will be responsible for:
- Traveling* (25-50%) to global wholesale businesses & retail stores to review store financial and operating procedures and to verify compliance to internal policies and procedures. *currently remote
- Maintain Trek’s control framework and be a key resource for the business in determining appropriate controls and processes that proactively and efficiently identify and mitigate risk.
- Assist in Scheduling and plan audit engagements.
- Perform internal audit procedures in accordance with audit plan.
- Identifying, documenting, and reporting on deficiencies to Internal Audit Director and to key stakeholders within the business.
- Maintain an issues log, and following up as necessary to ensure issue closure.
- Must be detail oriented, be able to work independently, and have strong project management skills.
- Will also assist in periodic audits of wholesale subsidiaries globally. Must be willing to travel domestically 25-50%, internationally 1-2 time per year.
- Continuous improvement projects, as identified.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CIA, CPA a plus
- 2-3 years audit experience, either internal or external. R
- Knowledge of Internal Auditing Standards, Internal Controls, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong organizational skills, ability to self-manage.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively all levels of organization.
- Proven analytical skills, strong Excel skills
- Experience with JDE 9.1, Business Intelligence or similar ERP system
- Team player, customer-centric attitude
We are an E-Verify employer.