Senior Mechanical Engineer-Mountain Bikes
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
Position Summary/Job Description:
Are you looking to be part of a motivated team that is pushing the limits of performance; bringing new and innovative products to riders everywhere? Do you love solving problems and delivering creative solutions? Do you want to work within a culture that embraces continuous learning and development of new skills through exposure to evolving opportunities? Trek’s mountain bike engineering team is looking for a candidate to come work in our inspiring work hard / play hard environment committed to delivering game changing technologies to the mountain bike industry.
- Work with our creative and passionate team of mountain bike engineers, product managers, industrial designers, graphic designer, and brand managers.
- Lead technical design and development from concept phase through production.
- Deliver integrated design packages to our production teams and collaborate with them to turn ideas into reality.
- Develop Ride Test Plans and be able to characterize and communicate ride feel based on theoretical data, lab data and rider perception.
- Serve as a technical resource to other departments.
- Travel as necessary both domestically and internationally
- Bring skills and experiences that will help lead Trek in creating the next meaningful and innovative products in the mountain bike industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years of experience specifically in product development.
- Experience engineering mechanical system with integrated electronic components and modules. This includes defining performance requirements for such systems.
- Have led multiple project cycles from concepting through production.
- Experience with system test development for mechanical and electrical systems
- Understanding of how to design plastic components with considerations of manufacturing process constraints, resin property, fitment, and fastening.
- Design for manufacturing using carbon and aluminum, tube forming, welding, forging, CNC, and casting along with a basic understanding of manufacturing costs.
- Experience using CAD modeling software (preferably Solidworks) to create 3D models and 2D engineering drawings, including the ability to understand and apply GD&T methodology.
- Strong knowledge in structural analysis, design failure risk analysis, test plan creation, test result trouble shooting, and creation of technical documentation & reporting.
- Eagerness to take a hands-on approach to prototyping and learning or identifying problems.
- Ability to bring a creative approach to solving open ended technical problems.
- Experience working with and communicating within a cross functional global team
- Ability to take on multiple projects with the appropriate level of delegation and time management
- Strong passion for continuous improvement to product, processes, and yourself
- Experience with design analysis using FEA.
- Capable with bike assembly.
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Competitive vacation package
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.