.Net Software Engineer
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our Retail Management System solution is Ascend.
Ascend is the leading provider of retail management systems and services to bicycle retailers across the globe. Through our “Best System. Best Support.” vision, we partner with our retailers to help them to grow, maximize their profitability, and create reliable data for making intelligent business decisions in fifteen different countries.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
Trek Bicycles has many interconnected software platforms communicating between various on-premises & cloud data centers and a variety of data sources and formats. This position provides skills in developing, designing, enhancing, and maintaining a complex, multi-tier application providing a retail management solution to independent bike dealers.
Trek believes in crafted software, in end-to-end ownership of products and fast iterations. Our approach to software development is to use the best tool for the job, often taking advantage of the latest technology to solve complex problems. Our platform is based on, but not limited to, Microsoft .NET MVC Web Application deployed to Microsoft Azure Services and Microsoft desktop applications (WinForms and WPF) installed on-site at retailers.
A successful Software Development Engineer will:
- Architect, design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, reliability, scalability, latency, security, resiliency, and efficiency of application.
- Create test plans, test, debug, and document.
- Communicate clearly and approach problems with curiosity and humility. Have good, effective written and verbal communication skills to review solutions with business analysts and communicate with business stakeholders and other team members.
- Be an active listener.
- Configure and maintain continuous deployment to cloud systems.
- Consider performance, security, logging, and monitoring a feature.
- Stay current with the latest technologies, patterns, and tooling.
- Follow and promote Agile best practices for development such as continuous integration, unit and integration testing and code coverage analysis.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve issues, defects, performance and design inefficiencies.
- Actively participate in sprint ceremonies such as daily standup and retrospectives.
- Be self-motivated and require minimal supervision.
- Be responsible for the quality and timeliness of your own work.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3-8 years of related experience required.
- 3+ years of experience with .NET, C#, OOPs, design patterns, Source Control and Unit Testing is required.
- 2+ years of experience with ASP.NET MVC or Core and ORM tool required.
- 3+ years of experience with SQL Server 2016 and/or Azure SQL Database, SQL queries, stored procedures, and basic administration required.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft desktop applications (WinForms and WPF) preferred.
- Experience with RESTFUL API using WebAPI, Asp.net Core, and/or Node.JS is preferred.
- Experience with Point of Sale (POS) Systems and retail sales environment a plus.
- Current with latest security protocol standards; including but not limited to HTTPS and OAuth2.
- Exceptional business and technical listening, oral, and written skills required.
- In-depth understanding of Software Development/Engineering Methodology in Development, Production, and Testing Environments with Standards Documentation required.
- Experience with the Agile Development methodology.
Additional preferred experience:
- Experience with VSTS or other CI/CD platforms.
- Expertise with 3rd party notification platforms and frameworks such as Azure Notifications, Urban Airship or Firebase.
- Experience with GIT.
- Experience with Azure Mobile Services or AWS Mobile Hub.
- Basic database management using Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, and/or DB2.
- Familiarity with iOS and/or Android development and service consumption.
We are an E-Verify employer.