Supplier Quality Engineer
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and accessories. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value innovative ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast – turning ideas into reality.
The Supplier Quality Engineer is based in Hartmannsdorf, Germany, but will report to the European Central Office.
This position works cross-functionally with development teams in the European Central Office and the head office Waterloo, Wisconsin and with Supplier Quality Teams in Europe and Asia.
You evaluate performance of internal suppliers against key quality metrics (quality system assessment score, non-conforming material, field quality performance). Also, you champion continuous improvement efforts to drive quality metric improvement and eliminate recurring issues. You coordinate critical issue resolution with Trek global Engineering and Quality teams and with external suppliers. You participate in bicycle assembly pilot builds and identify key quality concerns. Besides this, you implement the Supplier Quality Assessment and Production Part Approval Processes (PPAP) with key European suppliers.
We’re looking for
· A candidate who lives close to the Hartmannsdorf (Sachsen) factory or is willing to relocate.
· Has a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Quality-related field.
· Has 3-5 years of experience in a similar position.
· Understands manufacturing processes and factory management.
· Has strong Communication and organizational skills, is able to work with teams around the world.
· Native German speaker, proficient in English
· Willing to travel occasionally (also intercontinental)
· Pro-active, assertive, self-starter and able to work independently
An informal, challenging and motivating company culture, where initiative and pro-activity are highly valued. We provide you with a stimulating work environment with enthusiastic colleagues, responsibility and independence. We will compensate you with a competitive salary and benefits package.
We are an E-Verify employer.