Global Trade Logistics Specialist
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
Position Summary/Job Description:
As a member of our Export operations team, the Global Trade & Logistics Specialist will create and manage processes to support our logistics network for US export and global subsidiary operations. The position will work closely with international sales, distribution & local inbound logistics teams as a subject matter expert in global logistics operations. The Global Trade & Logistics Specialist will identify and lead process improvements to decrease costs and increase efficiency throughout Trek’s global network.
- Implement, manage and maintain ocean and air freight US Export booking processes.
- Manage US outbound and other global operations from Trek DCs through delivery.
- Collaborate with International Sales, Customer Service Reps, and Distribution – managing timelines and key metrics to ensure best-in-class outbound operations.
- Serve as the liaison between freight forwarders, couriers, and Trek internal departments.
- Prepare export documentation according to regulation and customer requirements, including Hazardous Material Documents, Shippers Letter of Instructions, Certificates of Origin and AES.
- Ensure compliance with local and international laws and regulatory regimes for the international movement of product. Assess opportunities to reduce errors and risk.
- Monitor and alert logistics team on export regulation changes and best practices.
- Analyze, interpret and implement key performance metrics for logistics partners.
- Prepare and implement standard operating policies and procedures.
- Establish and implement corrective and preventative actions through continuous improvement initiatives, including leading significant projects on cross functional teams.
- Maintain positive, productive relationships with internal parties and external logistics partners.
- Other requirements to support Trek’s global supply chain, as needed or identified.
- Bachelor’s degree in international business, supply chain or related field.
- 1-2 years’ experience in international business preferred.
- Knowledge of export and import processes, controls, and documentation.
- Hazardous material certification with IMDG/IATA/DOT and/or experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of JDE/Oracle desired.
- Detail oriented, with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and on teams.
- Experience on projects with complex scope. Strong organization skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task varied projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively across multi-functional teams.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; accepts accountability and responsibility for actions.
- Foreign language a plus.
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Competitive vacation package
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.