Supply Chain Buyer, Europe
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
Supply Chain Buyer, Europe
Reports to the Supply Chain Manager.
As a member of Trek supply chain team, you’ll build your supplier chain management expertise by working with leaders across the company. You'll work with both domestic and international suppliers to ensure price competitiveness and on time delivery in order to accomplish our manufacturing goals. The role involves working with multitude of functions such as Suppliers, Engineering, Legal, Finance, Logistics, Manufacturing, and Quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supply and Demand Planning: Weekly and monthly review of forecast vs capacity base on consolidated demand plan include new products implement and transition.
- Demand Fulfillment: Cooperate closely with Suppliers and OEM factories for timely supply.
- Coordinate with internal functions to prioritize supply plan for meeting business needs. Manage changes in supply versus demand to optimize delivery.
- Responsible for complete ownership of the supplier relationship.
- Inventory Control: Weekly review to manage inventory to avoid excess / shortages of inventory.
- Manage normal operations – sample orders, tooling orders, tooling amortization, payment receivables, and system quote updates.
- Supplier documentation setup and maintenance; legal and performance.
- Drive cost reduction activities with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Lead Supplier audit and improvement plan using key metrics such as Cooperation, Quality, Cost,
- On Time Delivery, Responsiveness, and Environment.
- Embrace other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree. Minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities; attention to detail and ability to analyze complex buy/supply decisions
- Time management skills – have high sense of urgency.
- Ability to manage time effectively to achieve defined goals.
- Advanced systems skills and working knowledge of ERP, PLM and MS Office Suite preferred.
- Have a proactive work style and able to multi-task in this changing environment with a team centered focus.
- Language skills – Fluent in German and English is a requirement. Additionally, Dutch would be a plus.
We are an E-Verify employer.