Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
Position Summary/Job Description:
The position is responsible for collaborating with industrial designers and engineers to create both visual models and functional prototypes of new product designs. The position will support the Trek Product Development Process (PDP), learn, develop, implement, and utilize tools that allow for lead-time reductions and meeting product launch timelines.
- Program & machine prototype parts and molds using CNC machining centers (3,4, & 5 axis), turning centers and other manual machine tools to a high-quality level and meet specified tolerance requirements.
- Create prototypes using a variety of materials and processes including but not limited to metal, plastic, composites, wood, & foam as well as incorporating electronic assemblies
- Innovation and creativity to push the boundaries of creating prototypes that simulate the “real thing”
- Develop prototypes of different levels of finish throughout the entire product development process (rough mock-ups, form studies, and ergonomic testing prototypes)
- Lead any finishing and painting functions that are done within the prototype shop
- Ability to work closely with industrial design and engineering teams to help solve design and manufacturing issues.
- Demonstrate an attitude that fosters continuous improvement, 5S, and Kaizen involvement
- Demonstrated experience with the ability to use judgment, problem solving, time management, multiple project loads and work without constant supervision.
- Perform preventive maintenance on machines
- Maintain a clean and organized work area using 5S principles
- Follow company safety procedures and practices
- Prefer an advanced degree with a focus in Prototype Design, Model Making/Prototyping, CNC programming, and/or Apprenticeship in Tool/Die
- Successful candidate will have 3 to5 years of experience in a related position
- Ability to program using Autodesk Power Mill (or equivalent)
- Competent with Windows and Solid Works
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects from design hand off through fabrication within a defined timeline
- High attention to detail
- Experience in fabrication materials, tools, and techniques is a plus
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Competitive vacation package
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.