Ascend Technical Sales Engineer
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
In our Ascend department we aid in this crusade by providing bicycle shops with the greatest tool to thrive in retail! Our Retail Management Solution records sales, captures customer data, and provides detailed reporting. We provide integrated solutions for payment processing, ecommerce, and NPS customer loyalty. Ascend is the leading provider of retail management systems and services to independent retailers worldwide. Through our “Best System. Best Support” vision we partner with our customers to help them to grow, to maximize their profitability and to create data for making intelligent business decisions.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
As an Ascend Technical Sales Engineer your primary mission is to setup new customers and to provide inventory, networking and other services to existing customers. Using your available resources and the help of your teammates and our business partners, you’re the go-to person to take care of projects assigned to you. You’ll go above and beyond to provide the best customer service to everyone that you work with. At Ascend we’re all in the business of selling, installing, supporting and shipping our world class software. So, in addition to your primary job duties, you’ll be called on and encouraged to help in all areas of our business.
- Complete all installation and services projects assigned to you for new and existing customers.
- Document and track the status of each project and your overall season metrics. Continuously strive to improve those metrics and the project processes.
- For new customer install projects:
- Facilitate staff trainings throughout new customer installs to ensure they’re on the path to using the full capabilities of Ascend.
- Assist with the setup and implementation of third-party services within Ascend.
- Coordinate and maintain goals and expectations to keep the customer on track for a timely go-live.
- Review our regular system updates to maintain a working knowledge of our solutions.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to customers and prospective customers
- Work with customers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
- Help with all other areas of the business:
- Provide phone support coverage and emergency after hours coverage as scheduled.
- Assist with the creation and review of our self-service support resources.
- Log bugs and improvement ideas and provide feedback on development specifications.
- 1-2 years of Ascend Support experience preferred. Other experience such as using Ascend in a Retail setting will be considered.
- A two-year technical degree or higher is desired. Other relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Ideal candidates will have telephone-based customer service experience and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of Microsoft peer-to-peer networking and SQL Server, desktop operating systems, and Office programs.
- Candidates must be available to work shifts during our regular support hours of 8 am to 5 pm Central Time, Monday through Friday. They should be available off hours for emergency support and project work. They should also be available for extensive travel.
- Successful team members are positive and calm in a busy environment. They do more than is asked of them and they work well on their own.
- Flexible and fun company culture
- Competitive health care
- Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
- Competitive vacation package
- 401k Match
- ESOP program
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
- Employee discounts on all product
- Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.