Trek Travel’s mission is to serve the people who passionately believe the world is best seen from the seat of a bicycle. The Staff Accountant will be a self-starter with the drive, and determination to make this full-time position successful. In this role, your primary mission is to validate, organize, and monitor financial data as it is generated, ensure NetSuite is updated in a timely and accurate manner, and to be a steward of financial data in all our systems.
Using your available resources, the help of your teammates, and your working knowledge of basic accounting and bookkeeping principles, you are the one who will record and understand the story behind most Balance Sheet accounts and select Income Statement accounts. Our small team spans across the globe, and you will routinely be in contact with our associates in all parts of the world!
The ideal candidate will have an eye for details, strong organizational skills, and a passion for the world of finance. Interest in the active travel industry is beneficial, but not necessary
- Perform accounting tasks for Trek Travel
- Process accounts payable
- Monthly credit card statement reconciliations
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations (fixed assets, pre-paid deposits)
- Preparation of monthly accruals and deferrals
- Daily cash reconciliation
- Assist with monthly trip reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of monthly Sales & Use tax returns
- Reviewing and posting external transaction data to NetSuite (Shopify)
- Interpret financial information to make process improvement suggestions
- Assist in the annual Federal tax filing and document gathering process
- Assist in Ad hoc projects
- Two years of accounting experience, or completion of an accredited four-year Accounting program.
- The ability to read and comment on Balance Sheet reports is required.
- Knowledge of NetSuite or Planful is a plus.
- You believe in the importance of hospitality and recognize that customers are all around.
- You rock a positive, solution-oriented attitude and always ask How can I help?
- You exude Fun and Flexibility while contributing to the overall success of your Team.
- A company’s culture can make or break a job offer for you.
- You communicate clearly in writing and on the phone.
- Your motivation drives you as you volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked.
- When things change, you roll with the punches and think well on your feet.
- You are committed to consistencies, efficiencies, details, and deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, and are quick to conquer new database systems.
- Available to work shifts during our regular hours of 9 AM to 5 PM CST, Monday-Friday.
- Successful team members are positive and calm in a busy environment. They strive for continuous improvement and they work well on their own.
TREK TRAVEL OFFERS:
A fast pace, casual, motivating, and fun company culture, where initiative and pro-activity are highly valued. If you have what it takes to join our team and the desire to help shape Trek Travel’s future, we wish you the best of luck and look forward to your application!
We are an E-Verify employer.