A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
What you'll do
Trek Retail is adding a Human Resources Generalist to their growing team. This position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated retail business units across North America. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment and employment law compliance. This position will also serve as a consultant to management on human resources-related issues, maintaining an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s position, its plans, its culture, and its competition. The position will work out of our Electra brand office in Encinitas, providing HR support for our west coast retail districts (Washington/California/British Columbia/Idaho/Utah/Colorado) and the local Electra team.
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning, through Trek’s People Planning process.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follows-up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field preferred.
- 2+ years of relevant HR Generalist or HR Business Partner experience.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Can work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Demonstrates high level of hospitality and customer service at all times.
- Problem Solving/Analysis skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must demonstrate flexibility and be open to new ideas.
- Experience in a retail environment a plus.
- 50% travel
We are an E-Verify employer.