Structural Analysis/FEA Engineer
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
Position Summary/Job Description:
We’re looking for a Structural Analysis Engineer to grow our Trek Performance Research group within the Engineering department. The focus for this role will be using FEA and structural analysis tools to analyze bicycle frames in order to make design recommendations to design engineers in order to meet project parameters.
- Understand design requirements and utilize them to define scope of analysis
- Construction of finite element models from CAD geometry
- Work with design engineers to perform structural analysis of frames and components
- Translation of analysis results into design recommendations based on design requirements
- Written and verbal presentation of analysis results to design teams
- Travel domestic and international as required to meet project needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Materials Engineering or comparable degree
- 2+ years of professional experience using commercial FEA software. Graduate study with a focus in structural analysis can replace professional experience.
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals
- Must be familiar with failure criteria and fatigue-life prediction for design of aluminum parts
- Must be a proactive, independent worker that requires minimal oversight
- Must be able to work well in a diverse design group
- Able to communicate and present technical ideas to a non-technical audience
- Master’s degree in applicable field
- Specific experience in ABAQUS is a plus.
- Experience working in laminate composites
- Experience with using FEA to predict weld fatigue failure
- Experience developing material allowable
- Experience developing test standards
- Familiarity with python scripting
- Cycling and bike specific knowledge
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Competitive vacation package
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.