A bit about us
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Trek does more than produce the world’s best bikes. It is a place to explore possibilities and push the boundaries of what is possible. Its culture thrives by embracing ideas from anywhere and rewarding progress. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Trek, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world and have a blast while doing it!
Here at Trek people are at the core of our business. That’s where you come in. We are looking for someone who brings energy, incredible hospitality to our staff and potential candidates along with a willingness to pitch in and help with what’s needed. You will be part of a small HR team and critical to the welcoming of new staff to the Trek Family. You will own the recruitment process, new starter administration, on-boarding, great workplace initiatives and more! . A love of bikes and understanding of the benefits riding bikes brings to all of us and the world will help you be successful. We are the culture ambassadors for the company - your ideas and excitement will be welcomed.
- Sole point of contact in the HR Department.
- Creation of HR processes, procedures, and policies – ensuring for regulatory and legal compliance requirements.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Attracts and recruits top talent into the Business.
- Owns the onboarding process from ensuring proper set up in system, welcoming employees and assisting managers with the on-boarding plan for their first weeks.
- Assists with administration and learnings from the annual employee engagement survey.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships and build morale.
- Analyses trends and metrics in partnership with the Country Manager to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Provides day to day support for management (coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Serves as Workplace Health and Safety Coordinator
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field preferred.
- 2-5 years of relevant HR experience.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines including compensation practices, organization structure, employee relations, employment laws a plus
- Can work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Demonstrates high level of hospitality and customer service at all times
- Problem Solving/Analysis skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must demonstrate flexibility and be open to new ideas.
- Solid Excel skills will be a plus
What’s in it for you?
- Want to commute to work by bike – we’ve got you covered with great locker room facilities, showers, and the ability to wash up your commute/lunch ride towels and clothes.
- Trek is rapidly growing, and this role has potential to expand with the growth. Your learning journey is only starting.
- Is learning your thing? – we have access to amazing business speakers like Jim Collins!
- Of course, we have lots of bikes too! And at a great price.
We are an E-Verify employer.