Product Owner - Ascend
Ascend is the leading provider of retail management systems and services to independent retailers and Trek-owned retail locations in fifteen countries across the globe. Through our “Best System. Best Support.” vision we partner with our customers to help them to grow, to maximize their profitability, and to create data for making intelligent business decisions.
As a Product Owner your primary mission is to assist the production of high quality, on-time software releases to our retailers. Using your available resources under the direction of the Global Director of Product, you’ll assist in creating requirements for new software features within our version of Agile Scrum. You are the go-to person to answer day-to-day questions from the development team regarding business requirements for work-in-progress. You’ll also assist in keeping the Support and Services teams up to date on upcoming features. At Ascend we’re all in the business of selling, installing, supporting, and shipping our world class software. So, in addition to your primary job duties, you’ll be called on and encouraged to help in all areas of our business.
- Work with the Product Manager and other Product Owners to update and maintain the Product Road Map.
- Produce specification documents (charters) for proposed new features. Work with all members of the team to ensure these specifications are rolled out in a sensible and timely manner.
- Use mock-ups, flowcharting, storyboarding and other tools to illustrate user experience and application enhancements.
- Create User Stories and see them through the development process.
- Educate internal customers on current Ascend functionality and field feature requests.
- Review program updates with the team as they are released to our Internal and External Customers.
- Assist with the creation, review and maintenance of our training and support resources.
- Oversee the logging and prioritization of newly identified bugs and other issues that generate a high volume of support calls as required.
- Help with all other areas of the business:
- Answer support calls to establish and maintain an intimate knowledge of how end users interact with the program.
- Be a resource for our Support, Install and Bookkeeping team members as they field customer questions.
- A two year technical degree or higher is desired. Other relevant experience will be considered.
- Experience with Business-to-Business (B2B), e-Commerce, Inventory Control/Management, Point of Sale (POS), and/or ERP Systems is valued.
- Written and verbal communication experience with both internal and external customers is expected.
- Previous experience with the Agile development process would be advantageous.
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and Azure DevOps.
- Candidates must be available to work shifts during our regular hours of 8 am to 5 pm Central Time, Monday through Friday. They should be available off hours for rotational on-call support and occasional project work. They should also be available for occasional travel.
- Successful team members are positive and calm in a busy environment. They do more than is asked of them and they work well on their own
We are an E-Verify employer.