Retail AP Clerk
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
In our Ascend department we aid in this crusade by providing bicycle shops with the greatest tool to thrive in retail! Our Retail Management Solution records sales, captures customer data, and provides detailed reporting. We provide integrated solutions for payment processing, ecommerce, and NPS customer loyalty. Ascend is the leading provider of retail management systems and services to independent retailers worldwide. Through our “Best System. Best Support” vision we partner with our customers to help them to grow, to maximize their profitability and to create data for making intelligent business decisions.
Position Summary/Job Description:
As a Retail Accounting AP Clerk your primary mission is to support a team of accountants by processing the day-to-day vendor invoices for customers across the US and Canada. Using your available resources, the help of your teammates and your working knowledge of Ascend and QuickBooks your mission is to ensure our customers receive timely, accurate and insightful information. You’ll go above and beyond to provide the best customer service to everyone that you work with. At Ascend we’re all in the business of providing the best system and best support for our world class software. So, in addition to your primary job duties, you’ll be called on and encouraged to help in all areas of our business.
- Receive vendor invoices, validate for accuracy, and key necessary information into QuickBooks
- Respond to vendor inquiries
- Perform reviews of vendor statements and request any missing invoices or credits
- Follow company processes, controls and policies while maintaining information confidentiality
- Accounts payable processing experience
- Knowledge of accounts payable standards and best practices including PO matching
- Ideal candidates will have telephone-based customer service experience and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of desktop Windows operating systems and Office programs.
- Experience in retail and with retail management systems is a plus.
- Successful team members are positive and calm in a busy environment. They do more than is asked of them and they work well on their own.
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
PPO & HDHP medical plan options, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Free life insurance & optional term life insurance
Competitive vacation package
401(k) with match and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
12 weeks of maternity leave with 100% pay
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.