The Trek U video pre-production specialist works with brand managers, training specialists, and visual designers to pre-visualize videos for our retail and consumer channels. Whether it’s a service training video, product launch webinar, or Instagram post; the pre-production specialist sets Trek’s video team on the right path to create engaging, informative stories.
You do great work fast and can handle multiple projects at once. You roll with the punches on last minute changes and under tight deadlines. You’ve got a knack for connecting with an audience while maintaining brand voice and standards. While you work best in the pre-production stage, you’re not afraid to jump in and help on set when needed.
In order to be considered for this role, please include a portfolio of scriptwriting and storyboarding examples.
Scriptwriting and editing 35%
Based on original scripts and treatments provided by project stakeholders, write shotlists and edit voiceover scripts to translate stakeholder’s vision to an executable shoot plan
Draw storyboards for each script, clearly pre-visualizing a completed story
Script Breakdowns 15%
Break down scripts to identify needed cast, locations, props, and crew; communicating needs to project stakeholders and producer for sourcing
Production Assistant 10%
Provide assistance in studio or on location shoots as needed
- Translate written and verbal treatments and visual design concepts into clear, compelling visual sequences
- Edit voiceover scripts provided by project stakeholders, conveying key information in a friendly, conversational tone appropriate for spoken word
- Create and pitch alternate story solutions to project stakeholders
- Draw storyboards, clearly depicting action, camera placement, and framing in each part of a script’s sequences
- Write shotlists that can be easily translated to shooting schedules
- Present storyboards to project stakeholders and members of the video production crew
- Write comprehensive script breakdowns identifying all physical needs to be sourced
- Act as a production assistant in the studio or on location as needed.
- 3+ year of video production experience, especially in pre-production
- Strong storytelling skills, with experience producing creative briefs
- Strong and communicative composition and design skills
- Ability to present ideas clearly and professionally
- Ability to creatively foresee, and provide solutions for, problems that may arise in production
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and After Effects a plus
- Knowledge of cycling culture/industry a plus
We are an E-Verify employer.