A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
Position Summary/Job Description:
Right Product, Right Place, Right Time
Trek Bicycle’s Service Forecasting department is looking for a downright awesome person to join the team as a Buyer. Working in collaboration with service forecasting and product support teams, this Rockstar will execute Trek’s global service part buying strategy. Researching trends and staying up on the Trek’s upcoming products, the Buyer will deliver service parts on time for bicycle and aftermarket product launches. The ultimate goal for this position is making sure parts are available and accessible anywhere in the world, and to get Customers back on their bikes as quickly as possible.
- Manage product forecasts, supply/demand plans and related inventory levels
- Create, submit, and maintain purchase orders with supplier partners and maintain ETAs
- Assist in part number and attribute setup
- Responsible for staying up to date on upcoming product support plans
- Generate and utilize reports with available business analytics tools
- Provide updates to management on the status and plan for each key category
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in purchasing, forecasting, or demand planning a plus, but not required
- Enthusiastic about technology with demonstrated technical aptitude. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, JDE/Oracle ERP system, demand planning software, and/or analytics tools a plus
- Knowledge of bicycles preferred (not required), e-bike knowledge is a plus
- Curious by nature with an eagerness to experiment and iterate on new ideas
- Proactive problem-solving approach with changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively across multi-functional teams, as well as interact with management and suppliers.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; accepts accountability and responsibility for actions.
- Fun and flexible attitude with strong desire to exceed goals and expectation
- This position has the potential to work remotely.
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
PPO & HDHP medical plan options, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Free life insurance & optional term life insurance
Competitive vacation package
401(k) with match and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
12 weeks of maternity leave with 100% pay
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.