DevOps - BCycle
BCycle is Trek's bike share division. We're revolutionizing the way people use public transportation. Bike share is a unique solution to the environmental, health, and transportation infrastructure challenges that face modern communities. It’s our mission to partner with campuses, corporations, and municipalities of all sizes to implement and maintain bike share systems that complement and improve existing transportation infrastructure. We do so with best-in-class bike share equipment and a multi-tier software platform.
BCycle is Trek’s bike share division. We’re a small shop with a lot of autonomy, which allows the team to take ownership and get things done fast. BCycle is seeking an amiable DevOps team member with solid experience on the Ops side--someone who gets energized working on infrastructure and fine-tuning SQL Server. We’re looking for someone to administer our Azure-hosted servers, setup monitoring and alerts, lead deployments at the end of our sprints, and help take us to the next level.
We foster continuous learning and experimentation so individual drive and desire is just as important as experience. We are seeking experienced experts but are also interested in entry-level resources. BCycle provides a flexible environment including the opportunity for working remotely.
- Maintain server infrastructure in Azure and AWS
- Automate server provisioning
- Architect and automate zero-downtime software and firmware deployments
- Maintain kiosk infrastructure
- Automate kiosk provisioning and software deployments
- Assist QA team in test automation
- Enhance existing monitoring, alerting, and reporting systems to empower IT operations and business decisions
- Perform system hardening and verification
- Evaluate hardware, software, and overall system architecture from security, reliability and scalability perspectives
- Build and maintain an IT Operations documentation library
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with internal and external customers
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in some combination of engineering/building systems/test automation
- 2+ years of experience with Azure
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools like Salt, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Docker/Microservices/Azure Container Service
- Comfort in setting up continuous integration or continuous delivery systems
- Experience and comfort writing code in a least one modern object-oriented language
- Knowledge of running internet web servers (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, security, hardening, encryption standards)
- Hands-on experience with server-side development and deployment (C#, IIS, SQL Server, TeamCity, Azure DevOps, Octopus Deploy)
- An interest in working in a rapidly growing environment and helping us create a strong DevOps culture
- Solid troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Experience with AWS
- Experience working in a PCI compliant environment
- Experience with Payment systems
We are an E-Verify employer.