Retail Service Training Specialist (Bicycle Service)
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best team is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, with the bike and have a blast while doing it!
The Retail Service Training Specialist will assist the new-open and acquisitions team in opening new Trek retail locations by setting up new service center tools, fixtures, signage and supplies during the first 30-days of operation.
The primary responsibility of this role is to lead retail service staff training and work-out sessions in stores as assigned and prescribed. They will also educate retail service staff on service standards, operating procedures, facility maintenance, service expectations and Trek culture.
The Retail Service Training Specialist will improve the appearance, efficiency and functionality of retail service centers and back of house through 5S work-out sessions, compliance implementation, fixture setup and process role playing.
- Support service staff in-person and remotely through routine check-ins and training events
- Communicate fundamental principles of service business operations and key metrics to managers, service writers and technicians.
- Compare current state of business operation and throughput utilizing benchmarking reports, market analysis, Business Intelligence, ASCEND POS data
- Build and implement service business plans and supporting programs
- Remote analysis of business plan, process and performance through data and dialogue
- Travel to service locations to evaluate effectiveness of people, process, place, parts, business plan
- Routine follow-up and summarization of key objectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Passion for serving and supporting others
- Passion for growing and improving individuals and businesses
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in-person, on-line and over the phone
- High standard of excellence with a great attention to detail
- Bicycle retail service experience as a technician, manager or service writer
- Business management or operations management experience
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel
- Business budgeting, planning and goal setting experience
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director including market research, sales analysis etc.
- Must have the ability to lift 50lbs
- Ascend POS and knowledge of Trek and Bontrager product lines is preferred
- Up to 75% travel
We are an E-Verify employer.