What's on offer:
Are you looking for the perfect part time role to optimise your work/life balance whilst utilising your skills? Come and work for Trek! We have a fun and flexible work environment and are open to a remote working arrangement (from home) with periodic office-based work and meetings. We have excellent IT systems to support remote working as well as a recently renovated office with all the creature comforts for those who prefer an office community environment. We are seeking a Payroll Specialist for 15 hours per week (flexible with the days), though as our organisation is rapidly growing, there may be scope to increase this into the future. This role is a rare gem for those candidates living regionally (within a couple hours’ drive of Canberra), who don’t have the means or appetite to commute to Canberra on a daily basis.
A bit about us
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast-turning ideas into reality.
Trek does more than produce the world’s best bikes. It is a place to explore possibilities and push the boundaries of what is possible. Its culture thrives by embracing ideas and rewarding progress. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Trek, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
Here at Trek people are at the core of our business. That’s where you come in. We are looking for someone who brings energy and incredible hospitality. You will be part of a HR team and critical to providing our Trek Family with accurate and timely pay, payroll related advice and guidance to managers as well as assisting in the onboarding and setting up of new employees into our payroll systems. You will own the payroll process end-to-end. Everything from ensuring we have our payroll processes correct, right through to the reporting and reconciliation of superannuation, tax, and other deductions.
- Demonstratable understanding and interpretation of a modern award. Exposure to the General Retail Industry Award will be viewed favourably.
- Undertake payroll related audits.
- Liaise with third party providers to ensure our configuration and set up is the most appropriate and accurate to meet our needs.
- Stay abreast of changes in legislation to ensure compliance is maintained.
- Assist with the integration of our payroll system as Trek moves to globally aligned systems (Workday).
- Prepare fortnightly payrolls, ensuring timely and accurate processing for casual and permanent employees both here in Australia and New Zealand.
- Ensure timesheets, payroll and organisation changes are received prior to pay close and included in the next pay run.
- Ensure data entry for timesheets, employee reimbursements, etc are entered in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure data in the payroll system is accurate and up to date, using employment documentation as the single source of truth and verifying anomalies where identified.
- Assist in the preparation, balancing and reconciliation of payroll tax, group tax, PAYG tax, FBT, superannuation, group and workers compensation premiums and authorised payroll deductions.
- Maintain pay, employee and leave records and related information.
- Undertake all coding related to salaries and other payments.
- Calculate and process termination pays.
- Assist in the preparation of reports based on information in the payroll system
- Maintain computerised based filing system
- Resolve/answer queries relating to payroll across the company.
- Treat all payroll and human resources related activities in strictest confidence.
What you bring
- A willingness to engage effectively with a wide range of people and offer excellent hospitality to service the business.
- A strong understanding of systems with demonstrated experience in system implementation & process improvement.
- Exposure to Deputy and ADP will be a plus.
- Knowledge of Australian & NZ payroll legislation.
If you love bikes you’ll fit right in here, but if you haven’t yet found your two-wheel passion, don’t worry, you soon will! If this sounds like you, apply today to join our Trek Family. For confidential conversation please phone Jennifer de Raadt on 0457 904 503 or via email at [email protected]
We are an E-Verify employer.