Trek University Trainer
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
As a Trek University Trainer, you’re the foundation of building successful bike-industry careers. You’ll create the development resources for bike retail managers and employees to excel and grow.
Working in Trek’s amazing HQ in Waterloo, you’ll wear a lot of hats: training content writer, on-camera talent, in-person trainer & coach, global coordinator of training programs, and a few others. If you’re passionate about growing people’s careers, if you want to share your love for working in the bike industry, if you want to promote the value of great retail employees, this might be the perfect role for you.
This position focuses on 3 big things:
- Training content creation – You'll write the coursework we teach and practice.
- Curriculum development – You’ll ensure we’re teaching the right stuff to the right people at the right time.
- Training delivery – You’ll teach retail staff directly and also teach others to be trainers themselves; online and in-person
A day in the life:
Your day might start by designing a sales-process scenario for stores to practice. Next, you write a script for an upcoming video about handling trade-ins. Before lunch, you track the progress of some employees along their development path and send their store manager a note with their next assignments. After a lunch ride, you head to the studio to record a training video module that is shared with bike shops around the world. Your day ends after a call with our global offices to plan their upcoming training event. Tomorrow, you’re traveling to a store to lead an in-person training course.
- Create training content for retail sales, management, operations, and systems
- Personify Trek’s culture
- Collaborate with global teams to ensure consistent delivery of retail training
- Coordinate logistics for training programs (travel, scheduling, etc.)
- Present on-camera, on-stage, and in-person
- Write video scripts, printed guides, and training presentations
- 3 years retail experience (bicycle retail experience highly preferred)
- Great presentation skills in-person and on-camera
- Fun and flexible; can adapt on the fly
- Learn-it-all attitude & approach
- Bias towards action
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Energy, empathy, authority, and passion to help others succeed.
- Up to 50% travel
We are an E-Verify employer.