Software Development Manager - Hybris
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
Trek Bicycle is looking for a software development manager who has experience in software architecture using Java Spring and strong leadership skills. This person will lead a team of software engineers, and be responsible for application architecture, code quality, and software development and deployment processes. In addition to those items the candidate should have experience working with business stakeholders, Analysts and Project Managers to identify and implement technical solutions for business needs.
Trek IT believes in crafted software, in end-to-end ownership of products and fast iterations, and provides a flexible work environment, remote work is available, but some travel may be required for this position. Our approach to software development is to use the best tool for the job, often taking advantage of the latest technology to solve complex problems.
The Software Development Manager will:
- Architect, code, create test plans, test, debug, and document on our existing Hybris platform
- Communicate face-to-face with their peers and customers in a participatory environment
- Ensure architectural, business, coding, design, and quality standards are adhered to by both yourself and your team
- Be responsible for the quality and timeliness of your own work and your team’s
- Stay current with the latest technologies, patterns, and tooling
- Be self-motivated and require minimal supervision
- Actively participate in sprint ceremonies such as daily standup and retrospectives
- Be willing to perform typical managerial duties for a team of developers such as performance reviews, one-on-ones, and career counseling.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of related software development experience required
- Managerial experience not required, but must demonstrate a clear desire and aptitude for a servant leadership position
- Implemented or worked on a Hybris platform version 6.X and above
- Experience in Hybris data modeling, impex, component creation, cockpit customization
- Expertise in Java, Spring, Apache, Tomcat, Linux
- Experience working in an Agile or Kanban environment
- Experience working with CI tools and automation including but not limited to Chef, Jenkins, Ant, Gradle
- Experience with Microsoft Azure is a plus
- Experience working with and creation of Restful web services
We are an E-Verify employer.