A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
BCycle is a bike share system that’s revolutionizing the way people use public transportation. Bike share is a unique solution to the environmental, health, and transportation infrastructure challenges that face modern communities. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Trek Bicycle, it’s our mission to partner with campuses, corporations, and municipalities of all sizes to implement and maintain bike share systems that complement and improve existing transportation infrastructure. We do so with best-in-class bike share equipment and a multi-tier software platform.
Position Summary/Job Description:
We are looking for a talented firmware engineer to help propel a fast moving and high performing development team to the next level. This position would involve working with a team to develop firmware on production and R&D projects for electric bike systems.
This position will be able to work remotely with one or two days a week in the office depending on project needs.
- 3+ years’ experience developing firmware for consumer electronics products.
- Experience writing firmware in C/C++ including use of chip-vendor APIs.
- Experience with ARM, STM32, MSP430 or similar microcontrollers
- Experience with communication protocols including USB, UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, etc.
- Experience writing firmware for low power hardware
- HW debugging experience with oscilloscopes and other electronic measuring equipment
- Basic understanding of controls, including PID and similar systems.
- Generates required documentation in accordance with the requirements of the Trek development process
Other Required Skills:
- Proactively seeks out innovative solutions and research and development opportunities
- Communicates well within the cross functional teams at Trek
- Helps to develop best design practices within the department
- Brings a continuous improvement mindset to his/her job
- Bluetooth, ANT+, Wi-Fi and other RF communication experience
- Brushless motor control experience
- Schematic and PCB design using Altium
- Experience working in an Agile team environment delivering high quality work in short iterations.
- Experience prototyping with surface mounted electronic parts
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
PPO & HDHP medical plan options, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Free life insurance & optional term life insurance
Competitive vacation package
401(k) with match and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
12 weeks of maternity leave with 100% pay
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.