IT Procurement Specialist
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
Trek Bicycle is looking for an IT Procurement Specialist to help manage indirect spend related to SaaS, Software, Hardware, and other variants of technology spend. These contracts cover traditional Infrastructure and Digital landscapes and are key to Trek’s continued growth. Increasingly, technology is leveraged to solve business problems. Occasionally, the right candidate will be provided opportunities to interface with the business to help guide and facilitate technology purchasing decisions.
The right person for this role will be able to manage the renewal lifecycle for multiple contracts at a time along with updating the appropriate business records to ensure accuracy in the contract record. They will engage partners regarding upcoming renewals to help build an effective renewal strategy, and then drive to completion. Demonstrated success in software and SaaS contracts is required, and success in enterprise level hardware and service agreements would be considered a plus.
- Strong technical requirements gathering skills
- Facilitate end user requests for net-new projects
- Obtain and analyze new vendor quotes
- Assist with vendor and market research for large scale procurement projects
- Stay on top of new product offerings and ensure that Trek is staying current
- Manage the PO process for the IT organization
- Work closely with the Finance team to ensure that all appropriate financial information is relayed clearly to the IT financial analyst
- Analyze Vendor quotes to enforce Trek quote standards
- Be the liaison between IT and legal for contract reviews for software, hardware and service contracts
- Assist with gaining legal approval to move contracts forward and align vendor resources should a redlining exercise be required
- Assist with scope definition for net-new projects
- Evaluate contracts to ensure that Trek is getting the best possible deal
- Provide guidance to internal IT teams for procurement decisions
- Manage terms and lifecycle of existing contracts and or leases to ensure we are on top of renewals
- Serve as the negotiation conduit between IT and the suppliers
- Provide feedback to the internal teams regarding how well our partners are performing
- Build metrics / scorecards to validate that Trek is getting the best value from our partners
- Analyze existing vendors and look for opportunity in the vendor landscape; make suggestions on alternatives that may serve the organization better
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- 2 years in a procurement related role
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic understanding of project management principles
- Experience working with resellers of Microsoft, Dell, vmWare, Cisco, etc.
- Experience using industry cost analysis tools and processes
- Experience conducting formal competition (RFI, RFQ, RFP)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze a contract package for key terminology
- Expected to interface with internal legal counsel
- In-Depth understanding of financial principles
We are an E-Verify employer.