A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
What you'll do
Trek is looking to add the right person to join and help build out our Global Internal Audit team as a Internal Auditor supporting our Global Wholesale & Retail businesses. The Internal Auditor will have the chance to help build the controls and processes necessary to ensure the continued success of the organization.
The ideal candidate will be able to partner with and influence a variety of stakeholders within the business, from store employees, to top management.
As a key resource in the Trek organization, the Internal Auditor will be responsible for:
- Traveling* (25-50%) to global wholesale businesses & retail stores to review store financial and operating procedures and to verify compliance to internal policies and procedures. *currently remote
- Maintain Trek’s control framework and be a key resource for the business in determining appropriate controls and processes that proactively and efficiently identify and mitigate risk.
- Assist in Scheduling and plan audit engagements.
- Perform internal audit procedures in accordance with audit plan.
- Identifying, documenting, and reporting on deficiencies to Internal Audit Director and to key stakeholders within the business.
- Maintain an issues log, and following up as necessary to ensure issue closure.
- Must be detail oriented, be able to work independently, and have strong project management skills.
- Will also assist in periodic audits of wholesale subsidiaries globally. Must be willing to travel domestically 25-50%, internationally 1-2 time per year.
- Continuous improvement projects, as identified.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CIA, CPA a plus
- 2-3 years audit experience, either internal or external. R
- Knowledge of Internal Auditing Standards, Internal Controls, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong organizational skills, ability to self-manage.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively all levels of organization.
- Proven analytical skills, strong Excel skills
- Experience with JDE 9.1, Business Intelligence or similar ERP system
- Team player, customer-centric attitude
We are an E-Verify employer.