Trek Travel creates Cycling Vacations of a Lifetime with the belief that the world is best seen from the seat of a bicycle. Our mission is to serve the people who passionately believe the world is best seen from the seat of a bicycle.
This position will be located at the Trek Travel office which is located right on Lake Monona in downtown Madison, Wisconsin and reports to the Finance Manager. Trek Travel, A World’s Best Tour Operator, is looking for a new full time Staff Accountant to join our energetic team. The Staff Accountant will have the opportunity to add value to the accounting department, while being exposed to various parts of the business.
This is a full-time position that will provide accounting support to the accounting team.
Day in the Life Responsibilities
- Processing A/P and A/R.
- Overseeing and owning the commercial card reconciliation process.
- Supporting in month end close.
- Balance Sheet GL reconciliations and maintenance.
- Monthly Trip Reconciliations.
- Journal entry prep.
- State Sales & Use tax reporting.
- Data entry.
- Additional projects for month end and year end close.
- Ad-hoc projects.
What does success look like?
- You have a background in Bookkeeping and/or Accounting work.
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel skills (mandatory) and quick to conquer new database systems.
- You rock a positive, solution-oriented attitude and always ask “How can I help?”
- You communicate clearly in writing and on the phone.
- Your motivation drives you as you volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked.
- When things change, you can roll with the punches and think well on your feet.
- You exude Fun and Flexibility while contributing to the overall success of your Team.
- You are committed to accuracy, reliability, efficiency, deadlines and organization.
- A company’s culture can make or break a job offer for you.
- Availability to work 40 hours/week during regular business hours (M-F, 8 AM – 5 PM).
At Trek Travel, we think outside the box, continuously improve, encourage feedback and give it all we got, all the time, no exceptions. If you have what it takes to join our Team, we wish you the best of luck and look forward to your application!
We are an E-Verify employer.