Work at Trek Taiwan
The Trek Family is united in the belief that success can be achieved only when everyone succeeds together. Our dress code may be casual, but we are extremely passionate about what we do and proud of how we do it. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes.
We like progress, and we care about helping our employees reach their personal and professional goals. If you’re energetic, driven, and passionate, Trek is a company that can help take your career to the next level.
We live a fun and flexible culture. Our office is located in the heart of Taichung City. It’s a great location with access to plenty of good food, fun routes to ride your bike, company bikes and plenty of happy coworkers.
Electronics Engineer | Taichung City, Taiwan
Sorry, NO relocation provided with this role.
Citizens of Taiwan only.
We are currently seeking an experienced engineer to join our Engineering team in Taiwan. The role is to collaborate with the Trek USA / Europe Product Development teams and our manufacturing partners to engineer & develop world changing new bicycle products for our riders, our retailers and our race teams.
- Typically responsible for several smaller projects or 1-2 major projects.
- Use theoretical calculations, real world use and testing to evaluate performance, structural integrity and durability of products.
- Analyze engineering data for both new product research and existing product troubleshooting.
- Communicate project technical details globally between Trek USA, Europe and Asia suppliers.
- Collaborate, communicate and act as a single team with other Trek Asia departments (Supply Chain, Sourcing, Quality, and Testing).
- Work smart to meet timelines.
- Enjoy your work, have fun with teammates and make a positive impact on the world.
- Generate required documentation in accordance to the requirements of the Trek development process
Required Techincal Skills and Experience:
- Developing hardware and/or firmware for consumer electronics products.
- Schematics to meet customer needs
- PCB design including mechanical constraints and design for manufacturing/test
- Circuit design with linear and switching voltage regulators
- Low power design
- Writing firmware in C/C++ including use of chip-vendor APIs.
- Operating oscilloscopes and other electronic measuring equipment
- Communication protocols including USB, UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, etc.
- ARM, MSP430, PIC or similar microcontrollers
- Basic understanding of controls, including PID and similar systems.
- LED circuit design desired.
- Mentor Graphics or Altium tools is a plus.
- Designing within thermal management requirements
Required to Fit our Culture:
- Strong desire to change the world through designing best in class products.
- Driven to do exceed customer expectations.
- Passion for cycling.
- Effective English and Mandarin verbal and written communication skills to interact with global contacts.
Helpful Additional Skills (not required):
- RF product design, including 2.4GHz Bluetooth, ANT+, etc.
- App development for Android and/or iOS at any level
- Agile team environments.
- Optics design
- 3D solid modeling skills - Solidworks experience preferred
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline
- 3 years of professional experience
We are an E-Verify employer.