Business Development & Marketing Manager
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
In our BCycle subsidiary we play a critical role in this mission, focusing on changing the world by getting more people on bikes through bike share. Over the past decade plus, we have launched over 50 bike share programs, and we continue to innovate in the space with products like our game-changing electric bike. In this exciting new business development role, you will be positioned to shape the future of the business by identifying new sales opportunities.
BCycle seeks an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and self-motivated leader with a high sense of ownership, the drive to make the sale, great attention to detail, an eye for process improvement, a fun and flexible attitude, and an unmatched ability to Get Stuff Done.
Reporting directly to BCycle’s Executive Director, this position will offer opportunity for ownership and growth in several key areas of business, including:
New Business Development
- Grow the business
- Conduct market research to understand competitive environment & identify areas of opportunity
- Manage the sales forecast, setting & achieving sales targets
- Gather sales prospects through all available channels and track progress on leads
- Help facilitate sales demos and pitches
- Make our customers wildly successful
- Manage a portfolio of customers
- Work with customers to plan bike share system launches and expansions
- Build great relationships with BCycle operators
- Help inform product decisions by providing insight from the field on customer needs
Communications & Marketing
- Tell a compelling brand story to our customers
- Develop customer-facing marketing assets for the organization
- Work with BCycle’s Industrial designer & Trek Marketing to manage the BCycle brand
- Plan & execute external communication
- Help shape internal communications to keep team members informed and engaged
Must have boundless energy, a can-do attitude, and the ability to work well with all kinds of people in fluid environments.
- Proven sales record
- Be a great listener
- Confident presenting to large and small groups
- Ability to travel 25% or more
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Communication
- Flexible and fun company culture
- Competitive health care
- Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
- Competitive vacation package
- 401k Match
- ESOP program
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
- Employee discounts on all product
- Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.