Café Float Position
This position will be trained in all customer focused positions with the line being the most important part of the job. We’re looking for someone with a strong background in Line-cooking(short order cook). We will look to have this be a free floating position to help fill gaps in all facets of FOH café operations.
- Assist in opening the cafe with other line cooks, salad bar/coffee area and main kitchen as needed. Breakfast set-up, Unpack orders, Brew coffee, Dishes and running cash register as needed.
- Prepare deli sandwiches for grab-n-go cooler using a variety of breads, meats, veggies, sauces and techniques.
- Prepare additional grab-n-go items as necessary (apples, pinwheels, snack packs, etc).
- Preps assigned items according to managements direction
- Prep daily basics: (duties include both line cooks (whoever is available)
- Naan bread for soups, General stocking always using “First in First Out” method.
- Assist secondary line cook during rush, call out orders or prepare orders as needed.
- Set up lunch deli station for general sandwiches, wraps & “Wrap of the Day”
- Assist in break down and switch over to lunch with other line cooks as needed
- Keep station clean and prepped for service
- Request projects to assist Sous Chef and Chef in future menus and caterings
- Serve customers breakfast and lunch utilizing all stations in a timely and productive manner (flat top, deli station and hot line daily special entrees).
- Directly communicate with Sous Chef to maintain consistent & effective flow of fresh entrees to customers.
- Always move! (projects, clean & prep for future continuously)
- Breakdown, scrub and close down the line.
- Dish soap scrub & towel wipe all flat surfaces, Wipe down steel cabinets with stainless steel cleaner, Bleach & scrub white cutting board 2x/week and Once over grill
- Hand write daily chalkboard menu specials & connect digital overhead TV with menu specials.
- Rotates product to insure we’re using FIFO(First in First Out).
- Always looks to minimize waste
- Adheres to quality standards set forth by management
- Labels, dates and stores all prepped items properly to insure freshness and safety of food
- Notifies Management immediately if guest has an accident or complaint
- Quickly and efficiently completes any and all other assignments
OTHER Duties done as requested or as necessary
- Coverage of salad bar and P.O.S
- Assisting caterings
- Overlooking and assisting in upkeep of main area café (being aware of floor and counter messes, sweeping, organizing and stocking on the go).
- Keeping track of nearby inventory and reporting needed items on the written order, store run, or prep list.
- Assisting in Trek Events (as needed, requested, or volunteered)
- Printing labels for the grab n’ go & other products
- Stocks beverages, snacks and sandwiches in Grab and Go cooler
We are an E-Verify employer.