Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
Position Summary/Job Description:
We are looking for a talented electronics engineer to help propel a fast moving and high performing development team to the next level. This position would involve working with a team to develop hardware and firmware on production and R&D projects.
- 3+ years’ experience developing hardware and firmware for consumer electronics products.
- Generates schematics that meet customer needs
- Experience with PCB design including mechanical constraints and design for manufacturing/test
- Circuit design with linear and switching voltage regulators
- Experience with low power design
- Experience writing firmware in C/C++ including use of chip-vendor APIs.
- Experience operating oscilloscopes and other electronic measuring equipment
- Experience with communication protocols including USB, UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, etc.
- Experience with ARM, MSP430, PIC or similar microcontrollers
- Basic understanding of controls, including PID and similar systems.
- Experience with Mentor Graphics or Altium tools is a plus.
- Experience with designing within thermal management requirements
- Generates required documentation in accordance to the requirements of the Trek development process
- We are open to the consideration of this engineer being located around Santa Clarita, CA area, where we have an engineering office for she/he to be based
- This position also will be able to work remote as situations allow.
Other Required Skills:
- Proactively seeks out innovative solutions and research and development opportunities
- Communicates well within the cross functional teams at Trek
- Helps to develop best design practices within the department
- Brings a continuous improvement mindset to his/her job
- Experience prototyping with surface mounted electronic parts
- Design of RF products, including 2.4GHz Bluetooth, ANT+, etc.
- Brushless motor controller design
- Experience working in an Agile team environment delivering high quality work in short iterations.
- Solidworks Experience
Bachelor’s degree in related field of study
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Competitive vacation package
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.