Global Trade Logistics Specialist-Import
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
Position Summary/Job Description:
As a member of our import operations team, the Global Trade & Logistics Specialist will create and manage processes to support our logistics network for US import operations. This team member is responsible for daily import operations and will be the subject matter expert for Trek import operations processes. The Global Trade & Logistics Specialist will review KPIs and transportation data to report to the business and seek opportunity for improvement.
- Manage day-to-day operations for US import shipments in ocean, air, and drayage, serving as the liaison between steamship lines, freight forwarders, couriers, and Trek internal departments.
- Enhance, implement and manage US import operations processes.
- Provide support to internal customers as it relates to US import transportation and delivery of shipments.
- Analyze current transportation and operational practices. Work with internal stakeholders to optimize processes, maximize partner performance, and minimize cost.
- Collaborate with global logistics systems teams – managing timelines and key metrics to ensure best-in-class inbound operations.
- Prepare, implement and document standard operating policies and procedures.
- Establish and implement corrective and preventative actions through continuous improvement initiatives, including leading projects on cross-functional teams.
- Maintain positive, productive relationships with internal parties and external logistics partners.
- Perform IT systems related tasks as needed to provide up-to-date information on shipments.
- Present data clearly to a broad audience and translate into a business story.
- Other requirements to support Trek’s global supply chain, as needed or identified.
- Bachelor’s degree in international business, supply chain or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in international business required.
- Knowledge of import and export processes, controls, and documentation.
- Hazardous material certification with IMDG/IATA/DOT and/or experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of JDE/Oracle desired.
- Working knowledge of E2Open/Trade Automation platform preferred.
- Detail oriented, with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience on projects with complex scope. Strong organization skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task varied projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively across multi-functional teams.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; accepts accountability and responsibility for actions.
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Competitive vacation package
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.