BCycle QA Tester - Seasonal Full-Time
BCycle is Trek's bike share division. We're revolutionizing the way people use public transportation. Bike share is a unique solution to the environmental, health, and transportation infrastructure challenges that face modern communities. It’s our mission to partner with campuses, corporations, and municipalities of all sizes to implement and maintain bike share systems that complement and improve existing transportation infrastructure. We do so with best-in-class bike share equipment and a multi-tier software platform.
BCycle is seeking a seasonal, full-time QA team member to provide expertise and enthusiasm for delivering solid software on a rapid cadence. The position is located at the Trek Bicycle Corporation world headquarters in Waterloo, WI.
BCycle IT believes in crafted software, in end-to-end ownership of projects and fast iterations. The QA team is a critical part of that process. We’re technical, we test smart, and move fast.
- Work with business analysts to ensure testable requirements are generated
- Design, maintain, and execute manual and automated test cases
- Be self-organized and distribute workloads to achieve test coverage sprint after sprint.
- Be a vocal advocate of product quality at all levels from requirements to deployment by integrating your work into the team’s definition of done.
- Test a wide range of technologies from desktop, mobile applications, web sites, to web services.
- Communicate face-to-face with their peers and customers in a participatory environment
- Research and document bugs discovered by your team or reported by others
- Be responsible for the quality and timeliness of your own work
- Stay current with the latest technologies, testing methods, and testing tools
- Be self-motivated and require minimal supervision
- Actively participate in sprint ceremonies such as daily standup, planning, and retrospectives
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Entry-level (0-2 years) to mid-level (2-5 years) candidates
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Understands the QA lexicon, e.g. test plans, regressions, manual vs. integration vs exploratory, automated testing vs test automation, etc.
- At least a basic understanding/experience testing APIs
- Demonstrable passion for product quality
- SQL and general database knowledge
- Exceptional business & technical listening, oral, and written skills
- Experience with C#
- Payment processing experience
- Scale and load testing experience on a cloud or multi-datacenter platform
- Payment processing technology experience
- Test scripting and automation experience (e.g. Selenium, Ghost Inspector)
- Mobile testing, specifically with Xamarin Test Cloud
- Experience with mobile testing on Android and/or iOS
We are an E-Verify employer.