Director of International Marketing
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
Position Summary/Job Description:
The Director of International Marketing oversees and guides marketing efforts across subsidiary markets and Trek’s distributors. This person acts as a liaison from the Headquarter team to the in-market marketing team by developing global market strategies, campaigns, and initiatives to support the businesses.
The team the Director of International Marketing oversees is responsible for B2C and B2B marketing channels including retail marketing, social media, email marketing, SEM, influencers, etc. This role works directly with those teams to guide on objectives, best practices, and developing go-to-market strategies. In addition to channel management and guidance, the Director of International Marketing oversees the marketing analytics and content strategist team to create, report, and optimize campaigns.
- Acts as an account manager to the global and HQ marketing teams
- Build relationships with markets to identify business and marketing objectives, campaigns, and initiatives needs
- Work with marketing teams to create strategic plans and oversee execution of marketing channels
- Work with the team to track, analyze and optimize marketing channels and campaigns
- Work with the content specialist to create, edit, and share content – blog posts, social, email, etc.
- Collaboratively work with the global marketing teams in the other regions to share knowledge, uncover efficiencies, and provide a global perspective
- Protect the brand – ensure marketing assets and extensions of the marketing team are consistent and on brand with messaging, campaigns, and influencers
- Communicate marketing success metrics and learnings to larger sales organization
- Act as an advisor to distributor marketing teams on best practices, guidelines, tools, and updates
- Uncover how digital trends, new technologies, and behavior create new and innovative marketing opportunities and solutions that align with business objectives
- The successful candidate will be an energetic self-starter that can excel in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-8 years of marketing related experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Embrace a continuous improvement philosophy
- Advanced knowledge of digital media (social, email and web) and marketing best practices.
- Ability to deal with reality and make tough calls
- Positive attitude, hands on and can-do mentality
- Has perspective and cultural awareness
- Requires international traveling – must have or be willing to obtain a passport
- Bonus if you have cycling knowledge or are passionate about the sport
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Competitive vacation package
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.