Number of Positions: 1
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike, and have a blast while doing it!
Trek Bicycles has many interconnected software platforms communicating between various on-premises & cloud data centers and a variety of data sources and formats. This position is a QA engineer with skills in architecting, building, enhancing, and maintaining automated tests for the RESTful APIs powering Trek’s various integrations – retailer (B2B), consumer (B2C), and internal facing.
Trek IT believes in crafted software, in end-to-end ownership of products and fast iterations, and provides a flexible work environment, remote work is available, but some travel may be required for this position. Our approach to software development is to use the best tool for the job, often taking advantage of the latest technology to solve complex problems.
The QA Team Member will:
- Be highly capable of deriving a robust test plan from requirements in an agile project.
- Work closely with developers and Product owners to ensure quality is covered across all areas of the system development.
- Support UAT process.
- Architect, write and deliver automation tests with tools such as, but not limited to:
- SmartBear – Test Complete ( Highly desired / Preferred)
- Create test plans, test, debug as needed.
- Stay current with the latest API testing & checking technologies, patterns, and tooling
- Write, run and support SQL queries to support testing initiatives
- Follow and promote Agile best practices for development such as continuous integration, unit and integration testing and code coverage analysis
- Be involved early to help prevent issues, defects, performance, and design inefficiencies
- Actively participate in sprint ceremonies such as daily standup, Story pointing and retrospectives
- Have good, effective English written and verbal communication skills to review solutions with business analysts; and communicate with business stakeholders and other team members.
- Be self-motivated and require minimal supervision
- Be responsible for the quality and timeliness of your own work
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Overlap with US morning business hours.
- 3+ years of experience with Automation testing
- 1+ years of experience with Performance and Load testing
- 1+ years of experience with microservice or other network-scaled API patterns
- Exceptional business & technical listening, oral, and written skills
Additional preferred experience:
- Experience using Azure DevOps suite of tools
- Basic database management using Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, and/or DB2.
We are an E-Verify employer.