Engineering Office Manager
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
Position Summary/Job Description:
Trek is looking for a bilingual (English, Mandarin, Vietnam, and Cambodia) rockstar Quality Engineering Manager to lead a new office in Vietnam. This person will be directly responsible for the certification and development of a rapidly diversifying supply chain. While also the recruitment and training of local manufacturing and supplier quality engineers.
- Recruit and lead an awesome local team of engineers
- Build and maintain effective relationships with local suppliers
- Certify suppliers in SE Asia through Trek’s Supplier Quality Assessment process and drive ongoing development and corrective action
- Support the transition of new products to manufacturing, working closely with Trek global Engineering, Supply Chain, Product Management, Project Management, and Quality teams.
- Drive continuous improvement in the local supply chain based on field quality performance and supplier assessment results.
- 5+ years experience in manufacturing quality, ideally including Asia suppliers
- Proven ability to build and lead a team and coordinate with international partners
- Excellent working knowledge of quality management system standards and best practices
- Root cause and corrective action expertise
- Manufacturing process knowledge for metal forming processes, machining, welding, and carbon fiber a huge plus
- Bicycle product knowledge a plus
- English skills mandatory (speaking + writing)
- Mandarin skills highly desirable (speaking)
- Local language skills desirable (Vietnam, Cambodia)
- This person will also need to be located full time in the Vietnam location
- Minimum bachelor’s degree, preferably in an engineering discipline
We are an E-Verify employer.