Advanced Surfacing CAD Designer
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
Support Engineering, Industrial Design, and Manufacturing by providing 3D CAD models using both Solid and Advanced Surface Modeling techniques. Maintain a strong emphasis on following Trek’s Product Development Process (PDP) while developing, implementing and utilizing tools that allow for lead-time reductions in Trek’s product development process (PDM systems, CAD systems, and departmental standards).
- Create, refine, rebuild and manage organic shaped 3D CAD models with a high level of advanced surfacing for bicycling products. Models may be built from hand sketches, verbal direction or by modifying existing 3D solid/surface models.
- Produce highly detailed CAD documentation for internal and external review.
- Support the design and development needs of Engineering and Industrial Design
- Internal use of systems (CAD, PDM, and other computer applications)
- Effectively balance multiple projects, responsibilities and tasks with a focus on meeting customer completion dates.
- Degree in Mechanical Design, Industrial Design, or a related field with an emphasis on Advanced 3D CAD Surface modeling
- Experience working with 3D CAD software including complex solid & surface modeling skills
- High level Advanced 3D CAD Surfacing; consumer centered design, Class A surfacing preferred
- Experience with Solidworks, Onshape and/or Rhino
- The ability to translate design intent into a 3D CAD model
- 2D CAD skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills -able to interact effectively with domestic and international teammates and be proactive in communications
- Attitude that fosters continuous improvement and flexibility
- Proficient planning and organization skills, initiative, accountability, and a strong attention to detail
- Competent computer database, spreadsheet, presentation, and word processing abilities
- Other tools that would be a plus: PolyWorks, Keyshot, VR/AR tools, Illustrator and other rendering packages.
- We are open to the consideration of this designer being located around Santa Clarita, CA area, where we have an engineering office for she/he to be based.
- This position also will be able to work remote as situations allow.
*Please share a portfolio or work samples with your resume
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Competitive vacation package
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.