A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
Position Summary/Job Description:
We are currently seeking a Buyer to work with our bike manufacturing teams. The ideal candidate will have purchasing experience and technical knowledge of bicycles. Effective communication, time management and organizational skills are essential. This role is based out of Waterloo, WI.
- Create, submit, and maintain purchase orders with supplier partners and communicate updated ETAs to the factory.
- Expedite/Defer material deliveries based on changing needs of the business.
- Generate and utilize reports with available business analytics tools.
- Serve as a data steward for part number and attribute setup regarding all supply planning and related business attributes.
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess technical knowledge of bicycles
- Experience in purchasing and demand planning
- Proactive problem-solving approach with changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Proven critical thinking and collaborative skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with management and suppliers
- Ability to create and implement plans, processes and procedures
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong PC skills (including MS Office applications)
- Extensive knowledge of Excel required. Knowledge of JDE, Demand planning software, and web based analysis tools a plus
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
PPO & HDHP medical plan options, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Free life insurance & optional term life insurance
Competitive vacation package
401(k) with match and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
12 weeks of maternity leave with 100% pay
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.