User Interface Developer
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems, and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike, and have a blast while doing it!
Trek Bicycle is looking for a User Interface Developer that will work with a team of software engineers, design and user interface/experience professionals to build responsive front-end web applications. In addition to those items the candidate should have experience working with business stakeholders, Analysts and Project Managers to identify and implement technical solutions for business needs.
Trek IT believes in crafted software, in end-to-end ownership of products and fast iterations, and provides a flexible work environment, remote work is available, but some travel may be required for this position. Our approach to software development is to use the best tool for the job, often taking advantage of the latest technology to solve complex problems.
- Participate in agile processes (kanban) to plan and deliver solutions that meet customer and business needs
- Develop quality user interfaces based on established application standards
- Lead front end development projects and ensure successful project delivery
- Conduct design and code reviews and provide feedback on UI, UX, and engineering best practices.
- Define and develop standards and style guides to help ensure we continuously deliver consistent experiences across all browsers, platforms and devices.
- Mentor and help other developers when needed.
- Ability to develop for a myriad of devices with differing screen sizes and resolutions.
- Understanding of web standards and accessibility.
- Experience building stateful web applications with client-side technologies.
- Experience with Vue.js or React.js is a plus
- Experience with Webpack, Yarn, Grunt, NPM
- Experience using Git for version control
- Career development interest – this includes researching new technologies, and perfecting use of current ones.
- Excellent written/documentation and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate well with both internal team members and external stakeholders.
Bonus points for:
- CMS, and E-Commerce applications, Hybris specifically
Applications should provide a portfolio and any relevant coding examples github etc.
We are an E-Verify employer.