Second Level Support - Ascend
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
As Second Level Support your primary mission is to assist our front-line team in solving complex issues. Using your available resources, you are the go-to person to resolve any escalations or requests that come your way. You’ll go above and beyond to provide the best customer service to everyone that you work with. At Ascend we’re all in the business of selling, installing, supporting, and shipping our world class software. So, in addition to your primary job duties, you’ll be called on and encouraged to help in all areas of our business.
- Complete all escalated support requests that come from our front-line support team
- Assist the development team with resource allocation (VMs and other test environments)
- Proactively monitor our Azure backend services & infrastructure, quickly addressing issues as they arise
- Document and prioritize bugs to be addressed by the Ascend Product Team
- Review CRM cases from support calls weekly to recommended system and process improvements
- Understand program changes as they are released to our internal and external customers
- Help with all other areas of the business:
- Sell hardware and supplies to our customers and place related orders. Conduct sales demos as needed.
- Assist with the installation of Ascend for new customers. Travel on-site with Install Technicians as needed.
- Encourage and assist our customers with installing our system updates
- Help with the creation, review, and maintenance of our training and support resources
- Provide feedback as requested on development specifications. Help test new releases.
- Cover the Support Line when needed
- A two-year technical degree or higher is desired. Other relevant experience will be considered.
- One-year experience as an Ascend Support Technician. Other relevant experience will be considered.
- Proficiency with SQL Server tools and query language and Microsoft Excel.
- Ideal candidates will have telephone-based customer service experience and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience with programming is a plus.
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of Microsoft peer-to-peer networking, desktop operating systems, and Office 365 programs.
- Candidates must be available to work shifts during the hours of 6 am to 10 pm Central Time to assist our Global Markets. On-call support off-hours is required on a rotational basis.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Successful team members are positive and calm in a busy environment. They do more than is asked of them and they work well on their own.
We are an E-Verify employer.